CET, Venue Milan and online
How to participate
The final conference will take place in Milan at Palazzo Giureconsulti (Piazza Mercanti 2) and online.
Registration is open until the 10th of December 2022 at the following link: https://meti.irsonline.it/limesurvey/index.php/129692?lang=en
Background of the HERIWELL project
HERIWELL is a project launched by ESPON EGTC (Luxembourg) and carried out by a partnership led by Istituto per la ricerca sociale (IRS, Milano) with subcontractor Acume, the ERICarts Institute & Network (Cologne) and the Associazione per l’Economia della Cultura (AEC, Rome). Many experts from across Europe were involved in the project that developed a pan-European methodology and territorial analysis of impacts of Cultural Heritage (CH) that can be associated with societal well-being. More details on the HERIWELL project and its deliverables are available on the ESPON website.
Objectives of the Final Conference
The final conference aims to discuss the main findings of the HERIWELL project on the contribution of cultural heritage to individual and societal well-being at various territorial levels with policymakers and stakeholders.
The Conference will focus on three main topics:
1. Cultural Heritage conditions, experiences and perceptions influencing societal well-being (or potentially triggering the opposite): Can a more integrated – and “integrating” – approach to heritage be achieved?
2. How can public investments in cultural heritage influence societal well-being: policies, conditions and methods (evidence from EU programmes and territorial case-studies)?
3. Are econometric models and big data an opportunity to produce empirical evidence on the contribution of heritage to societal well-being and homogeneous and comparable data in the domain of culture/heritage (evidences from the method used in the research and from case-studies)?
AGENDA OF THE FINAL CONFERENCE
Moderator: Erminia Sciacchitano, Italian Ministry of Culture
14.00 Welcome coffee (for the participants inperson)
• Zintis Hermansos (ESPON EGTC)
• Luisa Pedrazzini (ESPON MC Italia)
14.40 PRESENTATION OF THE HERIWELL MAIN FINDINGS
• HERIWELL in a nutshell: overview of the project
Manuela Samek Lodovici, HERIWELL Consortium and Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale
• Cultural Heritage conditions, experiences and perceptions influencing societal well-being
Andreas Wiesand and Victoria Ateca Amestory, HERIWELL Consortium and ERICarts
– Discussant Nicole McNeilly, Europeana
• Comparable data and quantitative methods to estimate cultural heritage contribution to well-being
Pietro Valentino and Fabio Bacchini, Associazione per l’economia della cultura
– Discussant Riccardo Gatto, Eurostat
• Public investments in cultural heritage and societal well-being: policies, conditions and methods
Monica Patrizio and Cristina Vasilescu, Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale
– Discussant Peter Inkei, The Budapest Observatory
16.30 ROUND TABLE ON THE FUTURE OF HERITAGE POLICIES FOR SOCIETAL WELL-BEING:
• Main policy implications of the HERIWELL project: a synthesis
Flavia Barca, ACUME
• Debate with:
Jan Schultheiss, Culture and Cultural Heritage Partnership; Ekaterina Travkina, OECD; Sandra Gizdulich, Urban Agenda for the EU and Thematic Urban Partnership; Alison Heritage, ICCROM; Andrzej Jakubowski, Institute of Law Studies, Polish Academy for Sciences
17.30 CLOSING REMARKS
• Wiktor Szydarowski, ESPON EGTC